There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Monday, October 31, 2005

I bought my first book ever


... with my own money that is. "Good Omens" by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett. Neil Gaiman is one of my favourites from Vertigo comics, especially the 'Sandman' series. Terry Pratchett is quite possibly one of the funniest authors I've read - his 'Discworld' series totally rocks.
I'd read "Good Omens" before, but some books you must own, know what I'm saying?
I've got this whole list of books I will buy (probably half-a-million dollars worth ;-P) when I get rich. Don't snigger, this is right up there on my list of priorities along with the black Murcielago, the matt black Augusta Brutale Serie Oro, world peace and long life for all.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

world peace and long life for all.

Who are you and what have you done with my friend?

finally forgiving said...

I understand having to "own" some books. Just reading them isn't enough. I've never read that book before...is it one that perhaps maybe I should read?

Kai Wren said...

Absolutely.

Saumitra Sen said...

I replied to your reply on my blog.
Please do look over that.

Saumitra Sen said...

Sorry Wren, but I am replying you here.

I am not saying where to be anti-Christian or anti-Muslim.

I am against ideologies, not individuals.

Communism was and is evil. It ended in soviet union in1991,but did we kill Russians for ending communism?

No, definitely no! what happened there is that the individuals who were following communism abandoned it.

This is what I imply here. Arabs were peaceful until they became Muslim. Before the advent of Islam we do not know of any Arab conquest. Greeks and Romans did not go to proselytize others until they became Christian. It was their subsequent religions, (better said, political ideologies) which instilled violence, rigidity, intolerance and imperialism in them.

The problem is in organized religion, and all the three Semitic religions are organized. I oppose the monotheistic, exclusivist, imperialist, proselytizing ideologies.

I hope you get it. Please feel free to convey what you think of it.