There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

What's with the rain?


The incessant torrential downpour that's been going on here for the past week or so is playing merry hell with Banglore's already strained infrastucture. For me it means an excuse to stay back in the office and play some Unreal or AOE, but it isn't a joke for all those people who've been flooded out of their houses. I've been in this city eighteen years now, and I can't remeber it being like this for so many days.

Heck, to keep my feet dry on the way home today, I was forced to first climb onto the compound walls and then onto the roofs of houses to avoid a flooded road (okay, I wasn't, the water was just a foot deep at the deepest point, but I was just looking for an excuse to monkey around :-P).

The weather is going haywire these days. Back in Kodagu (or Coorg if you prefer) which is where I'm from, the last four years have been dry. Almost a drought, with people running around frantiacally trying to arrange for sprinklers for the coffee crops and managing the household on a half-dozen bottles of water (this really happened at my maternal grandad's place - 6-10 litres of water a day!).
Now this year, its rained so much that the coffee has started rotting off the crops. Crazy.

1 comment:

d nova said...

yeah
we been gettin lotta rain 2, but no flood in my nighbrood