There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Saturday, July 09, 2005

Fresher's Day

Well, the new batch of freshers at work are getting together for an ice-breaking session tomorrow at the office. We are a very diverse bunch - 11 Indians, 14 non-Indians. Here's the breakup:
  • Among the Indians, there are only two "localites" including myself(thats slang for long-term resident of Bangalore and probaly implies that you're culturally a Kannadiga).
  • A couple more are hostelites from engineering colleges, so they've been here for the four years of their courses.
  • Five are from Pune
  • Two are from Bombay
I didn't get much of a chance to chat up the non-Indian freshers - we spent an hour or so together attending a couple of real long sessions covering Lotus Notes and stuff. I'm not even sure if all of them attended. Guess I'll get to know 'em better tomorrow. I'm not too sure but here's the approximate breakup

  • Two or three guys and one chica from the US
  • Two (maybe three?) guys from Canada
  • Two from China

I'm not sure how that makes 14, but I'll figure it out tomorrow :)

2 comments:

Ern said...

What are freshers?

Kai Wren said...

Fresh joinee's/recruits or whatever you want to call them :)