There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

My first Speed-breaker!

I think I forgot to mention this little bit of info. Shortly after my offer from ThoughtWorks was confirmed I suggested to my dad that he loan me about 60K to buy a bike. I said I would pay him back in installments over the course of next one year.
I had it all planned. I mean the bike (the Bajaj Pulsar 180 DTSi) was now in its 3rd avatar and absolutely irresistable. And with a fuel efficiency of 45Kmpl - for all you metrically challended people thats roughly 106 miles per US Gallon - it would make expenses bearable (fuel costs Rs.50.60 for 93 octane in Bangalore!). It was perfect!

Pulsar 180 front   view
Pulsar 180 side viewPulsar 180 rear view

Obviously, my dad disagreed. Shortly after, I was saddled with a Maruti 800. No, not a bike. A car. The world's cheapest car, to be precise (supposedly...). Whats worse, it doesn't come in black. And it gives a wallet crippling 15Kmpl(55 mpg). Well, that's life. Atleast I don't have to pay for it- though I do have to pay for the fuel which is bad 'nuff.

Guess I'll have to start planning and saving for a 400cc second hand bike now...

No comments: